I love your delicious Chicken Noodle soup when I don’t feel right, the fennel and scallions you have really brings it home. But why does it have to cost me $1,000 / oz?! I don’t feel the love!
So, I figured out the next best thing – a quickie version of your soup. Hope you don’t mind.
Who wants to be chopping up stuff with a runny nose?! To save even more time, buy pre-chopped organic vegetables – Whole Foods NYC has some in their Produce section.
Ingredients (4 Servings)
– 3 Stalks Celery Chopped
– 2 Carrots Sliced (or Chopped if carrots are large)
– 1 Onion Chopped
– 1 Fennel – White Part Only, Sliced in Thin Wedges
– 1 lbs Chicken Breast Tenderloin cubed
– 1 32 oz box of Organic Chicken Stock
– 4 Stalks Scallions – Green and White Parts, Sliced
– Salt and Pepper to taste
– Macaroni Noodles
– In a large stock pot, bring chicken stock to a boil on med to high heat.
– Throw in sliced fennel, celery, carrots, & onions in boiling stock. Lower to medium heat and cook for 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
– Once vegetables are tender, place cubed chicken tenderloin in soup stock. Continue to cook for about 30 minutes or so until chicken is cooked through but not overdone. Stir occasionally.
– While the soup is cooking, bring a small pot of salted water to a boil and cook your noodles until al dente – about 8 minutes
– Few minutes before serving, stir in the sliced scallions and macaroni. Salt and pepper to taste. Voila!
– I would store soup and macaroni separately (toss macaroni in some olive oil to prevent clumping)