What is life without celebrations? Not a very fun one! I’m an advocate of adding bows and kittens to everything and anything whenever possible. While neither bows nor kittens (regrettably) made it to this occasion, a very manly birthday week for Preston finally concluded with #IAmAMan events as follows:
- Bacon breakfast (aka Classic Pesek Family Brunch) + Mom Pesek’s banana bread
- Eat like a boss at Red Hook’s Hometown BBQ. This shiz is for realz, they do not mess around with their meat. Get their brisket sandwich, cry a little because it’s so good, proceed to order everything else on their menu to go. DON’T FORGET YOUR SAUCE. I freaked out so much I didn’t even take photos
- Win IKEA, like a boss. We passed the ultimate couples test and survived our maiden couple voyage to Red Hook IKEA. Our marriage is going to work.
- Haul reclaimed pine joist from Big Reuse NYC (into BBQ scented ZipCar). Currently being worked (hazardously) on our window ledge / stoop. #YOLO
- Have minds blown by Tree of Codes with Jamie xx at the Park Avenue Armory. Just because #IAmAMan doesn’t mean modern dance can’t be in the mix, gender is so passé.
- Eat carrot cake (from Amy’s Bread) & be merry!